Free Range Fudge
Hot Fudge Brownies
These hot fudge brownies will be your new go to recipe for parties and potlucks! They offer a slight kick and something a bit different from your usual brownie recipe. Your friends and family will love all the chocolate goodness. The brownies pair well with the spicy fudge and together they make something unforgettable. It may just be chocolate heaven.
1/2 Cups unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, natural, or Dutch-process
1/4 rounded teaspoon kosher salt, use slightly less if using fine sea or table salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large cold eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
Drizzle or Dolop your favorite Free Range Fudge on top of the browines when they are cooled
- Pre-heat to 325 degrees F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. (This helps when removing the baked brownies from the pan, once cooled).
- Combine soft butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and the salt in a medium heat-safe bowl. Rest the bowl over simmering water. Stir mixture occasionally until the butter has melted. Mix in eggs.
- When the batter looks thick, shiny and well blended, add the flour and stir until fully incorporated, then beat with the wooden spoon or spatula. Add in cinnamon and nuts, if using. Spread evenly in lined pan. (if you aren’t usuing foil or parchment paper make sure to spray your pan well before adding the mix)
- Bake the brownies for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out with a few moist crumbs. As a visual test, brownies are done when the edges will look dry and the middle still looks slightly underbaked.
- Cool completely then remove from pan. For the cleanest lines when cutting, place into the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes to firm up. We reccommend cutting them into 16 squares.
- Drizzle your favorite flavor of “Free Range Fudge” over your excellent brownies!