Here at Black Market Trading Company© we believe in letting our peppers roam free. Whether they’re adding an extra bite to your ice cream with our Free Range Hot Fudge Topping, or being married with chocolate to drizzle over our Pecante Pecan Clusters, we’re confident you’ll agree that peppers should never be penned up!
Rick Black and his family founded Black Market Trading Company© in 2010 after discovering the delightful combination of sweet and spicy in their own home. After sharing their products with friends and neighbors, they are pleased to now introduce the world to the symphony of flavors which have become synonymous with the Black Market Trading Company© name. Family owned and operated to this day, small batches are made with love in their home in Sandy, Utah.
From our love of imported dutched cocoa combined with a variety of peppers from our Utah garden, Free Range Fudge was born. The essence of a variety of peppers are distilled into a rich hot fudge, to be served over ice cream, or drizzled over our array of foods in our very own line of Spicy Snacks.
Free Range Hot Fudge Topping is the perfect addition to your ice cream! We infuse dutched cocoa with the essence of a variety of peppers. This already amazing flavor combination is complemented with many others in our range of different Free Range Fudge flavors. We offer Original, Extra Spicy, Milk Chocolate, and Peppermint year round. Look for our Limited Edition Holiday Flavors as well!
The same Free Range Hot Fudge Topping you love, drizzled over our array of foods forming our Spicy Snack line. From our roasted pecan clusters, “Pecante,” to our series of dried fruits and even our classic chocolate covered pretzels. By themselves or used as an ingredient for one of our delicious original recipes, we’re sure you’ll fall in love!
February 26, 2019
"FREE RANGE FUDGE"
2 cups milk
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 dashes of salt
1 heaping spoonful (or to taste) of Free Range Hot Fudge©
1 cluster of Pecante©
whipped cream and/or marshmallows
- Combine the first three ingredients in a small pot and heat on low. Whisk often.
- Cook it on low for 20 minutes, whisking occasionally until the chocolate chips completely dissolve. Be careful not to let it come to a boil.
- While the hot chocolate is simmering, place the Pecante cluster in a ziplock bag and crush it with a rolling pin. Set it aside.
- As the chocolate chips begin to dissolve, stir in a spoonful (or two) of Free Range Hot Fudge. Continue to stir.
- Serve with whipped cream, marshmallows, and the crushed Pecante cluster.
- For another delicious topping, microwave another spoonful of Free Range Hot Fudge at 15 second intervals, and pour over your hot chocolate.
Not only can you shop for our products here or in store, but you can also find us participating in the community at cultural events and farmer’s markets. Check out our list of repeating markets and other special upcoming events we’ll be attending. Come say “hi,” try, and buy!